Simpson Strong-Tie SDWS22800-R50 8" x .220" Log Home Structural Screw E-Coat - 1 each
The Strong-Drive SDWS Timber (Interior Grade) screw – formerly, the SDWS Log screw – is a structural wood screw available in a variety of lengths and is designed for cross-laminated timber assemblies, mass timber construction, log-home construction, ledgers and general interior applications. These 0.195"- and 0.220"-diameter structural fasteners require less torque to install than comparable fasteners, and the large-diameter washer head pulls members down easily, eliminating the need to use extra washers. It is code listed under IAPMO-UES ER-192 and meets 2015 and 2018 IRC® and IBC® code requirements for several common wood framing applications.
- SawTooth™ point ensures fast starts, reduces installation torque and eliminates the need for predrilling in most applications
- Serrated thread reduces splitting and damage
- Large, low-profile .075"-diameter washer head with nibs provides maximum bearing area and makes countersinking easy
- 6-lobe, T40 drive provides positive engagement that makes the screw easy to drive and improves bit life (replacement driver bit: BIT40T-134)
- Size identification on all Simpson Strong-Tie screws
- US Patent: 9,523,383
- Surface splines, lap joints, timber framing, ledgers, log-home construction and general interior applications
- Testing in a variety of mass timber applications is underway
- Replacement driver bit: BIT40T-134
- Industry studies show that hardened fasteners can experience performance problems in wet and corrosive environments. Accordingly, use this product in dry, interior and noncorrosive environments only.
|Head Diameter (in.)||0.750|
|Shank Diameter (in.)||0.220|
|Drive Type||T40 6-Lobe|
|Head Type||Low Profile Head|
|Thread Type||Serrated Threads|
|Thread Length||2 3/4|
|Point Type||SawTooth™ Point|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.