RSS™ screws that are 3-1/8” and longer have CEE Threads which enlarge the screw hole for the non-threaded portion of the fastener, allowing the wood to settle easily and increases the screw’s drawing strength. The CEE Thread also reduces the friction on the screw shank which can result in lowering the driving torque and the likelihood of splitting the wood. This is why the RSS™ screw is an efficient lag screw alternative.
Our round head with built-in shield (washer type head) has no sharp edges like conventional lag screws. The added shoulder (nominal diameter) underneath the washer has the ability to center the RSS™ screw in pre-drilled hardware like hinges and connector plates.
- Recessed Star Drive: Zero Stripping, with 6 points of contact.
- CEE Thread: Enlarges hole to reduce splitting, install torque.
- W-Cut™: Low torque, smoother drive, reduce splitting.
- Zip-Tip™: No pre-drilling, faster penetration, reduce splitting.
- Washer Head: for immense holding power.
- Cutting Pockets: provide a clean hole, reduces splitting, and bore with precision.
- Case Hardened Steel: for high tensile, torque and shear strength.
- Climatek™ Coating is AC257 code approved for use in treated lumber.
- For interior/exterior use in; carrying beams, ledger boards, stair rails, deck posts, playground equipment and other professional applications.
- ICC ESR 2442: RSS screws have been evaluated for structural and corrosion resistance to be in compliance with the International Building Code (IBC) and the International Residential Code (IRC). RSS fasteners are an industry leader for strength and corrosion resistance.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.